Until 1993, when the new Jerusalem Municipality buiding was erected, Jerusalem and its growing population had to do with the old Municipality building (along with many scattered offices in nearby buildings). The old building, was one of the four public buildings constructed in Jerusalem by the British administration in 1930. Many offices are still located in nearby buildings of historical value that were preserved and renovated, thus saving the planners a great deal of money as well as contributing to the preservation of the city's past.
The Jerusalem Municipality Square is named after a Jewish Brazilian family (Safra), that was a major contributor to the project.
Today the square, its large stone plaza, is used for various assemblies and events. On a nice sunny day, it is a great place to simply "hang out" and absorbe some Jerusalem ambiance.
Mondays and Thursdays at 10:00 am
By bus : No 6, 13, 18, 20, 27 and all buses heading towards Down Town Jerusalem
Address Yafo St. 3
Phone +972 2 629 6000